Monday, February 18, 2013

Spaces in the Sands of Time

I got a phone call, this morning. Out of the blue, you might say.

He was upset. She hadn't called.

She texted me. He was being difficult.

I was delighted.

He never needs my help. Neither does she.

But now, I was the glue to their failing love song. I was the balm to soothe their pain. I was their spring cushion they fell back on to get on their feet again.

Is this wrong? Is it wrong to want to see chaos, only to be the one to set it right?

Is there no other way to be the one to show enlightenment and wisdom? Or is there no comparable joy?

Vicious circle, they might call it. Soon, it will lead to my hand in bringing about unhappiness. Break this cycle before it is too far gone, I say. But how, is the eternal question.

Can a soul's hunger be satiated with pure avoidance and ignorance? What other sins must I commit to fill up that void?

1 comment: